Installing a floor in a 24/7 operational facility comes with its own set of challenges. As with any flooring installation, it’s important to consider logistics: Will chemicals be used? Adhesives? Coatings? Are there toxins or odors to deal with? What is the condition of the current floor or subfloor? Will the old floor require removal? Dave and Rick discuss the optimal way to install an ESD floor in 24/7 operational spaces – without adhesive or chemicals and with neither downtime nor disruption.
- Installing a floor in a 24/7 operational facility has unique challenges.
- Consider logistics: adhesives, cure time, coatings, toxic chemicals and odors.
- Personnel require entry and egress at all times.
- Ideal: floating floor that doesn’t require adhesive.
- Floating floors can be put together in pieces, while people continue to work.
In a 24/7 operational space like a 9-1-1 police dispatch center, you can’t afford to disrupt important operations and people need access to and from the room.
With Staticworx ESD flooring, you never have to choose between performance and aesthetics. Our beautiful, high quality ESD carpet tile, vinyl, EC rubber tile and sheet goods, and ESD epoxy floors are as beautiful as they are functional.